Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Alex's Wisdom Teeth Adventures

Yesterday was a day that everybody in my family EXCEPT me will never forget. Last Monday I went in to the Dentist complaining of a tooth ache and a week later I was getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted! I was ready to get them out, because one of them was pretty painful. But I was still a nervous wreck when Caleb came to pick me up for my appointment. You can ask him, I was off the wall with nerves. He had to hold me still in the waiting room because I was fidgeting so much! After paying a whopping $800 (the most I've paid for anything besides tuition), they took me back to the room where the procedure would happen and made Caleb wait in the drivers waiting room. It all seemed to happen really quick to me. They gave me a shot of anesthesia, and I started telling them about how my driver was my fiance and how we're getting married in March, and then I was out! Forty minutes later I woke up and couldn't stop telling the nurse that Caleb was my fiance and we were going to get married. (I don't remember this at all, but Caleb says I told the nurse this upwards of fifty times before I was allowed to be taken home.)

Now, I am a pretty crazy person when I'm NOT on drugs. And when I AM, it's a whole other story. Caleb said he was scared of me, because it was me... but it wasn't me. I was INSANE. At one point on the drive home Caleb says I started bawling my eyes out insisting that he was going to leave me because I was ugly. I guess drugged Alex doesn't have a lot of confidence in herself.

AND NOW THE QUESTION YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR: Did I get any of this on video? Why yes, yes I did. My mother was kind enough (that was sarcasm) to take a video of me after I got home, and before the drugs wore off. I will link to it below.



Basically, I was crazy, and if the thumbnail of that video didn't convince you of it before you watched it, I don't know what other hints could have helped. Today, in the aftermath of my special procedure, I am eating Ice cream, pudding, and applesauce, and enjoying the happy pills the doctor prescribed for my aching jaw.
NO REGRETS.

2 comments:

  1. That just made my day! I was no where near that entertaining when I got teeth pulled. I just vegged and listened to Harry Potter all day.
    (Certainly not a bad thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED your mom, "you better not be basically married". Haha!

    ReplyDelete