Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summertime Potluck!

As the head of the Party Planning Committee at my work I am in charge of planning and holding at least three potlucks a year. After I was made the head of this random committee we threw a "President's Day" Potluck, and it was terrible. The only good thing about it was that it could only get better from there. WELL, our second potluck was a surprise birthday party for our 70 year old receptionist. Let me tell you! That party was THE BOMB. Seriously, people still talk about how awesome that was, and that was in April. Well, the two people who were on the committee with me for those two potlucks are now both gone and I am left and the head (And sole member) of the PPC. Today was the third potluck and it was themed: "Summertime."
I used the colors, Green, blue, white, and yellow. Caleb was really nice to me and drove me down to the store last night to get all of the things I had put off getting until the last minute.
The reason Caleb had to drive me is a long story that involves both of my seat belts being busted and Caleb not really liking me to drive while they are in this condition.
Anyways, Back to the potluck. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures WHILE I WAS AT THE POTLUCK. But I did take some shots of a few things that I was proud of when I got home.
I made a centerpiece. I got the idea off pinterest... And it failed. SO BAD. It was supposed to be a pretty glass vase with lemon and lime slices going up the sides and flowers coming out the top. Well... The fruit would NOT stay no matter how hard I tried, and I got so frustrated I just threw all of the citrus slices into the jar, filled it with water, and froze it over night. The funny thing is, when I got to work with it and the ice thawed, it actually looked really good! And I got lots of complements on it. But just so you know, the directions I got off Pinterest were a complete FAIL.
Here's a picture of my creation!
Since this was the first potluck I put together on my own with no help from anyone else, I wanted it to be really nice. I wanted people to say "Yeah, Alex put this whole thing together and it turned out Real classy!"... Well, Nobody really said that, but they DID like the potluck and they all seemed to like the decorations I made!
Here is another thing I got off pinterest, and it actually worked the first time! I made these hanging Pom Poms that turned out really well! The pictures don't really show their full awesomeness because I have nowhere to hang them in my house, but hanging from the conference room ceiling, they looked plenty classy to me!
There was so much food! And pretty much everyone in the office came! I would count this as a SUCCESS! And now It's time to start planning the Halloween potluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment